If the microphone is not working with your Android Smartphone, relax, take a deep breath, then please note the following points:
Please note that there won't be any special icon indicating that an external microphone has been connected.
Smartphones' headphone jacks were designed for headphones, it's just like the name sounds. So, when you plug in anything other than a headphone, it doesn't indicate that the microphone is plugged in, rather it indicates that a headphone is plugged in, usually at the top of the screen. Again, this is true about all smartphones. Some Android smartphones that require a Type C USB to 3.5mm jack Adapter (without a headphone jack) may not indicate that something is connected to the phone.
Therefore, to know if the microphone is with your Android Smartphone, you need to carry out the following steps below:
- Ensure that the external microphone is properly plugged into the phone's headphone jack/3.5mm end of a Type C USB to 3.5mm Jack Adapter
- Open the voice recording or video recording app and press record.
- Walk away from your smartphone, let the distance be the full length of the cable of the microphone
- Speak into the microphone and tap 3 times.
- Walk back to your phone and stop the recording.
- Unplug to listen to the recording.
Some smartphones like the Google Pixel series require an app to work properly with an external microphone. Therefore, please download the Open Camera app by Mark Harman from Google Play Store following the steps below
- Plug or connect the microphone into your device.
- Launch the App.
- Click the setting icon > Video Settings > Audio Source.
- Select "External mic (If Present).
- Then carry out the previous steps (the ones above, 1. Ensure that the external microphone is properly plugged...) on the Open Camera App
P.S: Do not forget to unplug or disconnect the microphone from your smartphone before listening to the recording.
For devices that require a Type C to 3.5mm Jack Adapter, if you want to be sure that the Type C to 3.5mm Jack Adapter is the problem or not and if you have access to a smartphone that doesn’t require a Type C to 3.5mm Jack Adapter, please try the microphone with that smartphone and tell us about the experiment and name of the smartphone in your response. If you don’t have access to another smartphone, please skip this step, the step is optional.
These troubleshooting steps are also applicable to Android Tablets.
If you were redirected here from Facebook and none of the above steps help, simply select the “No, I need further assistance” for the next question “Problem solved?”, indicating that you already tried the steps above. Please also mention the name of your smartphone e.g Samsung Galaxy S10 and a representative will attend to you ASAP.
Not redirected from Facebook? If none of the above steps help, please reach out to our customer support team via Email, Facebook, or WhatsApp, indicating that you already tried the steps above. Please also mention the name of your smartphone e.g Samsung Galaxy S10.